Friday, March 2, 2007

Phoenix and Ashes

Plot of Phoenix and Ashes by Mercedes Lackey:
In this dark and atmospheric rendition of the Cinderella fairy tale, an intelligent young Englishwoman is made into a virtual slave by her evil stepmother. Her only hope of rescue comes in the shape of a scarred World War I pilot of noble blood, whose own powers over the elements are about to be needed more than ever.

This is the third book in a 4-book series. I was relatively disappointed with the first one, and the second one was good. This one would be in-between the two. There were parts of it that I skimmed because I just didn't want to read about that character, but the story itself was a good retelling of Cinderella. I'd recommend it if you like fantasy books.

It's been a long day, so you're getting a short review. :-p

No comments: