Friday, April 13, 2007

Cart and Cwidder - 4 stars

Summary of Cart and Cwidder by Diana Wynne Jones:
Cart and Cwidder is the first in the best-selling Dalemark Quartet of books and tells the story of Moril and his brother and sister who are travelling musicians journeying through Dalemark, until one day they pick up a mysterious passenger. Somehow Moril's family and the stranger are becoming bound together in terror, flight, and music.

At first I didn't like the book. Clennen really annoyed me. But then about 50 pages in things changed and I really liked how the story went. I immensely enjoyed the lack of conclusive ending, forcing you to read the second book. There were parts where I could say that normally I'd get annoyed at the cliche, but it was written in such a way that it avoided that feeling. Even though the book is meant for teens, I still highly enjoyed it.

No comments: