Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Water Witch - 5 Stars

Summary of Water Witch by Connie Willis and Cynthia Felice:
At the instigation of her con-artist father, Deza masquerades as a witch who can control the water supply of the desert planet of Mahali, in order to deceive its rulers and become rich, but the deception backfires.

This book is EXCELLENT! I was hooked from the first page. Since this was written in the early 80s, I feared that the writing would be dense like most of Willis' early writing. I was very wrong, and I'm glad that was the case. I could not put the book down, and breezed through it. It's quite short, but that doesn't detract from its enjoyableness. I wasn't expecting how things turned out, and everything progressed with no confusion and anger at it being cliche. It was a wonderful break from the last book. It's only 216 pages, and I think everyone should read this book as it's just THAT good. :)

No comments: